Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back from France!


After a short flight to Frankfurt and a really looooonnnngggg flight from Frankfurt to Los Angeles, I'm finally back in the states! I'll be in LA until tomorrow, then it's back to Phoenix and back to work. As far as I can tell, my very patient husband has been able to hold down the fort, taking messages and processing orders while I was out of wifi range.

We visited Normandy and the D-Day beaches, as well as the Caen Peace Memorial. It's really a beautiful museum, with exhibits well worth seeing. Right now they have a special exhibit on 9/11 - it's called "where were you on 9/11/2001" and has interviews with people from around the world, as well as objects that were recovered from Ground Zero.

We continued to Rouen and saw where Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake, and then returned to Paris for one more evening.

In all, we had a great time. If you're interested in seeing the 600+ photos I took, I do have them online - www.lovebugsphotography.com/Photocart/index.php - enter the gallery access code France. Not that I expect anyone to look at all of them...

No comments: