Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thank Heaven for Little Girls

Supposedly, 51% of the babies born each year are boys, and 49% are girls. But if I had to base the statistics on what I see in the studio, I would have to say the boys outnumber the girls by far. I've been doing quite a few maternity/newborn sessions the past few months, and for some odd reason - almost every single one has been a little boy!

So I was very happy today to photograph a mom-to-be and her precious little girl. Of course, you can't see her yet. But I'm sure she will be just beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. It's been so long since I've seen a girl baby, I'll have to go dig up the pretty pink bows and blankets! Or, maybe I'll use this as an excuse to go buy more cute little props - "gee, honey - I simply don't have anything for a cute little girl baby, I just must go to Hobby Lobby/Target/Michael's!"

Somehow, I don't think he'll buy it. He'll remember that even though he hasn't seen any little girls come through the studio recently, at some point there was a girl baby - and certainly I must have something to use for a session.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I just got your link off of 2peas and have been skimming through some of your photography. You do beautiful work. I love this maternity shot!