Sunday, January 07, 2007

Looking for on-location maternity customers!




I was lucky to photograph a beautiful family this morning that is preparing to greet a new member in less than a month. If the doctors are correct, this little girl will have a new baby sister soon! She's thrilled about it, and I'm sure she'll be quite helpful. Her brother isn't worried about being outnumbered in the boys vs. girls count. As he told me "we have fish, and they are boys!"

As I mentioned below, I love doing maternity/newborn sessions. I've been doing lots of them in the studio recently, and it's always a joy. But I'd also like to get some images for my website showing what can be done on-location with just a little imagination and the right setting.

What I'm looking for is a maternity customer who has a home that is photogenic and has good natural light. This usually means a few good windows that we can open to let in the sunlight. As far as the decor of the home goes, it doesn't have to be Pottery Barn catalog-worthy - but having a clean house with a few interesting pieces of furniture can help. A nursery that is decorated and just waiting for baby can also look great.

If you think that you would like to do a maternity session in your home, here's what I'd like to do: the regular session fee for maternity/newborn is $150 in the studio. If you would like to do an on-location session for my portfolio, I would do the maternity and newborn session in you home at no additional charge - so $150 for two sessions, one 5X7 from each session and 25 custom birth announcements. This offer is only good until I have built up some portfolio images, so don't wait too long! The early bird gets the worm.

Be prepared for images that aren't typical studio shots - adventurous souls only!

No comments: