Sunday, December 10, 2006

You know Dasher, and Dancer...



This is Matthew. Matthew and I go a long way back. When we first met, he did NOT want his picture taken - by me or anyone else. More than one session was spent waiting for him to sit still long enough to take even one shot. I'd usually end up with a couple of shots, but not very many smiles.

I think I've photographed Matthew at least 5 times now, some times more successfully than other. But we finally made friends in October. Instead of coming to the studio, he came to a church Harvest Festival where I was taking pictures of kids in a wagon filled with pumpkins. Somehow, that got him interested. And - it got him smiling! For the first time ever, I didn't have to fight with him to take his picture.

Yesterday he came over for holiday photos. He was so handsome in his Christmas outfit! He showed his little sister how it's done. And not only did he sit still, he even smiled! I think the promise of a big candy cane did the trick...and even got him to sit still with silly reindeer ears on his head and a nice red nose.

I hope that Santa is good to Matthew this year. I don't know how good he's been at home, but he was a very good boy for me.

No comments: