Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy "Black Friday!"


So the turkey is gone, the pies have been eaten and now it's officially the Christmas season. No better time to get some family portraits than the holidays! This photo is a mother and daughter I photographed today in their home. While the studio is great for formal portraits, there is just something fun about shots taken on location. And with the background of the home, they can be more meaningful to the family. Too often families assume they don't have a suitable home for a session - but that often isn't the case! A photographer will look at your home and furnishings differently than you do, and will see the location with fresh eyes. Sometimes all it takes is a little imagination.

Of course today is known for its holiday shopping frenzy. I was able to make it to Target and back in one piece. Really, I didn't have a choice - I needed some new props for an upcoming session and they were the closest place to have them. I was happy to see that while the morning may be crazy, the afternoon isn't so bad.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow - congrats on making it to Target & back on the big day! My son was potty trained because I refused to go into a store at Thanksgiving & he was out of diapers.